4 replies to this topic

#1 clp698

clp698

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

For years I have used Online Bible for Mac to import Bible verses into other applications. I have set up keystroke combination and it works really great. I have yet to figure out how this is done with Accordance. Is there a way to do the same with Accordance? I have included a picture of how Online Bible comes up in other applications. It is really simple. I can chose what version and either a verse or a range of verses.

Attached Files

#2 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Check our Joe Weaks services collection. You can adapt them to be very close to what you are used to. http://macbiblioblog...leased.html?m=1

Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#3 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,839 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthopædic Surgery
    Yosemite 10.10.1
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hi
well, there is normal copy and paste. Just select your text and press CMD-C or choose it from the EDIT menu and then paste it directly into your application. It even works for Greek and Hebrew.

Alternatively, a more elegant copy option is to use the COPY AS => CITATION option - also in the EDIT menu, but in the COPY AS section further down. THis copies all your selected text into a single block quote and then puts the reference at the end of it. (also accessible via CMD-CTRL-C)

These are both also available in the contextual menu (right click the selected text)

Word doesn't play happily with some of this - especially Hebrew. And Joe Weak's service commands are excellent - highly recommended (you can also find them in the newly updated Accordance Exchange here)

Edited by Ken Simpson, 17 December 2012 - 09:56 PM.

Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator

Administrator, Accordance Exchange

Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#4 clp698

clp698

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Thanks guys, I will give these suggestions a try and hopefully they will do what I need.

#5 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Teaching adult Sunday School, baseball
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hi
well, there is normal copy and paste. Just select your text and press CMD-C or choose it from the EDIT menu and then paste it directly into your application. It even works for Greek and Hebrew.

Alternatively, a more elegant copy option is to use the COPY AS => CITATION option - also in the EDIT menu, but in the COPY AS section further down. THis copies all your selected text into a single block quote and then puts the reference at the end of it. (also accessible via CMD-CTRL-C)

These are both also available in the contextual menu (right click the selected text)

Word doesn't play happily with some of this - especially Hebrew. And Joe Weak's service commands are excellent - highly recommended (you can also find them in the newly updated Accordance Exchange here)

There is a third option which is CMD-OPT (or ALT)-C which does the same as CMD-C but omits the superscripts.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Randy

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

21.5 inch iMac (mid 2010)

OSX Yosemite 10.10

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Import

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users