Hiding Page Numbers

Ed Heckman

I realize that page numbers are important for some people—especially those doing scholarly work where page numbers need to be referenced—but I find the page numbers embedded in the text of tools to be an annoyance. When I'm simply reading, they interrupt the flow of the sentence. If I copy a passage to use somewhere, I have to be sure to remove the page numbers.

It would be great if there was an option to hide the page numbers within the body of the tool I'm reading. If this option is enabled, the page number should also be suppressed when copying. When this option is enabled, I don't think it's necessary to suppress the page number in the tool's title bar.

I would also really like to see this option in the iOS version. (I wonder if even scholars need to normally see page numbers when they're using the iOS version.)

I like the suggestion, and it has been made before. The inclusion of them is not just for scholars, though. If you were to do a group study using a particular book and some said go to page 10, you'd need a visual indicator of where that page is.

As far as suppressing this during a copy, this is already done when you 'copy as citation'; but that will also paste the citation information, which you may not want.

Thanks for the request.

If you were to do a group study using a particular book and some said go to page 10, you'd need a visual indicator of where that page is.

Makes sense. If you wanted to jump to a particular page number (as in this situation), how would you do that?

Makes sense. If you wanted to jump to a particular page number (as in this situation), how would you do that?

Search > Change Field to Page Numbers > Enter desired page > search