ChristianB

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Here is some more feedback …

- An icon for bookmarks would be nice … something like that …

bookmark.jpg

- It would be helpful if recently bookmarked items would also appear in recently opened

- I would really appreciate an option to reorder the items in the library view

Edited by ChristianB, 31 December 2012 - 05:05 AM.

#22 RobM

RobM

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew, ANE languages and literature, Literary Theory

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

While we're on bookmarks, I would like to see the verse reference of my bookmarks regardless of how long the verse is.

See attached.

Attached File  Bookmarks.PNG   102.84KB   45 downloads

As you can see, the numbers of the verse reference are visible for the first one, but the book name is missing. The second bookmark hides the verse reference entirely!

I assume this may have something to do with the Hebrew being RTL, but regardless, it would be very helpful to see the verse reference for my bookmarks regardless of language.

Aside from this small issue, I've loved the update. I particularly love the "Remember my place" syncing between my iOS devices.

#23 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

While we're on bookmarks, I would like to see the verse reference of my bookmarks regardless of how long the verse is.

I assume this may have something to do with the Hebrew being RTL, but regardless, it would be very helpful to see the verse reference for my bookmarks regardless of language.

That's a bug in the RTL text display in the bookmark table. The verse reference should be on the right side with the text snippet of the actual verse truncated if necessary.

#24 Chester Hall

Chester Hall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Semitic languages, Septuagint studies, Spanish Bible translations

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hi,

Since the update to 1.6, I am having crashes of the Hebrew texts and the Peshitta NT text on my iPod running iOS 6.  They crash when I touch the screen and try to scroll.  Sometimes they even crash on opening.  Or if I tap a word to see the dictionary entry.  My iPad 1 seems to be ok after the update but it is running iOS 5.1.1.  Before this my iPod seemed to be working ok.  Not sure if anyone else has had this problem.  Did I see a 6.1 update somewhere in the works that Apple was in the process of approving?

#25 Chester Hall

Chester Hall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Semitic languages, Septuagint studies, Spanish Bible translations

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Hi,

I have an issue since the update to 1.6 with my iPod iOS 6 crashing with any Hebrew text and the Peshitta NT text.  Anytime I open the text and start to scroll the app crashes or if I tap a word to amplify a word.  The Greek texts seem to work ok.  My iPad 1 seems to be ok at the moment since the update.  It is running iOS 5.1.1.  Anyone else had this problem?

#26 circuitrider

circuitrider

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I've been using my iOS Accordance a little more lately.  I just wanted to say this is another great update.  It just keeps getting better.  Keep up the good work.

#27 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Hi,

I have an issue since the update to 1.6 with my iPod iOS 6 crashing with any Hebrew text and the Peshitta NT text.  Anytime I open the text and start to scroll the app crashes or if I tap a word to amplify a word.  The Greek texts seem to work ok.  My iPad 1 seems to be ok at the moment since the update.  It is running iOS 5.1.1.  Anyone else had this problem?

Due to some internal changes, it appears that v1.6.x is having difficulties displaying long paragraphs of large sized text under some circumstances. One workaround is to change the settings for the problematic modules only to display their text as separate verses rather than in paragraphs (which is the new default in v1.6).

Hope this helps,

Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users