Name of Author in Multi-Vol. Commentaries

WGTShedd

I use my Tyndale, EBC-R, BECNT, NIGNTC, NICNT, NICOT, Pillar, NIBC, etc. commentaries almost every day to study. These multi-volume sets are valuable. I have one small question (and I'm sure there is a easier way to do this), how do I get the author's name of an individual volume without having to got to the very beginning of the series (in a new window) and use the TofCs or by copying it as a full citation? I cite these works in my research and papers regularly and this problem has slowed me down considerably. I simply want to refer to the author in the paper but can't remember the author's name without going through this process.

There was a time when I knew all the authors in each series (quite readily) but, sad to say, my memory is not as good as it used to be. Is there a quick key stroke approach or something? I'm certain I'm missing something here and would love to be instructed. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I understand your problem. I too have had to look up the author and the best solution seemed to be to copy as citation, or using the ToC as you suggest. After thinking about it, my suggestion to make a User Tool with this information in it. You can title it "Authors" or something like that and simply go to the website and get the authors there. I did the TOTC as a sample.

Hope this helps.

post-29479-0-97505400-1356721939_thumb.png

• Like 2

Using copy as citation is probably the quickest way. You can select even a space, ctrl-cmd-C, then paste it in a scratch doc or something.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was afraid that Rick's answer would be the only real option. Tony, your suggestion is very helpful but I wish there was an easier way of doing this. I have so many multivolume sets that doing this may take too much time though I guess doing a little here and there over time might get the job done. It was worth asking; thanks for the help.

I think this is the first time I have ever been able to offer some kind of answer to someone's question on the Forums! I did sense that my offering was so simple and obvious that you must have tried it. However, as there cannot be too many of us who use Accordance and are Manchester United fans I thought I should at least try to help you!!!!

Kevin (from Manchester).

I think this is the first time I have ever been able to offer some kind of answer to someone's question on the Forums! I did sense that my offering was so simple and obvious that you must have tried it. However, as there cannot be too many of us who use Accordance and are Manchester United fans I thought I should at least try to help you!!!!

Kevin (from Manchester).

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had as many Accordance users as there are ManU fans? Thanks again everyone.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone made this author user tool that was suggested above? Seems like Accordance should provide us with the individual author of a volume so we won't have to copy citation to get that information.