Photo

Search commands are always inserted at the end of the line!

search commands

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Help! :-)

Regardless where I place text insertion mark ("cursor") in the search text, search commands are inserted at the end of the line! Frustrating, as I have to cut and paste words after this command. Can't place command where I want. 

By the way, the text on the inactive button (Words | Verses) is so dark I hardly can read it. Please make it white. Active button has such a dark color that it's impossible to miss.

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#2 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

We're using the system provided text field control which doesn't allow us to set or query the current cursor position programmatically so we decided to always append to the current text field contents. The inactive segment control text color has already been noted as an issue in v1.6 and will be changed to improve its readability in a future release.

#3 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

In this case you could place all commands ready available as a "toolbar" below the search entry field. On the iPad there's plenty of empty space there. Make a grid with all search commands there. Somewhat similar to Go To button menu when Grid mode is selected.

Edited by Guntis, 30 December 2012 - 11:53 AM.

“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#4 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

I fail to see how this solves the problem.

#5 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Ir doesn't, just makes command insertion easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users