More french bible ?

Daniel Z

I'm actually considering buying this software, but I was wondering if you have any plan to integer more french bible. There are some french bible that I use regularly and are that are (i think) in the public domain like the "Bible Ostervald" or the "Bible Martin". Do you think you could add them to Accordance ?

• Like 1

I can't speak for the future module plans as those aren't in my department :) But what I can tell you is that you can import any properly formatted text into Accordance, so even if we don't prepare them soon, if you can get an etext and prepare it, it can fully integrate with your Accordance. You could even post it for others to use on the Accordance Exchange.

• 3 years later...

I was wondering if you're planning to add more french Bibles than the 2 you already support (especially the most popular ones such as Tob. I've been using other sites to compare french bibles but the word by word comparison in accordance is very helpful. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'm actually considering buying this software, but I was wondering if you have any plan to integer more french bible. There are some french bible that I use regularly and are that are (i think) in the public domain like the "Bible Ostervald" or the "Bible Martin". Do you think you could add them to Accordance ?

+1

+ 1

But one proviso: the Société biblique française is in the final stages of revising the Bible en français courant, which should actually be coming to press in the next few months, and in 2015 there was talk about updating the TOB. I'm pretty sure that the Bible en français courant project trumped the TOB one, but I wouldn't be surprised if the TOB comes up for revision in the next 3-7 years.

In addition to the Bible Segond and the NEG, Accordance does have the Segond révisée (dite "Bible à la Colombe") and the NBS, both of which are very good translations, especially IMO, the former. It would be nice to have the Study Bible edition of the NBS in Accordance, but there are no doubt other, more important projects in the pipeline!

DC

• Like 1