• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my kids, my church, the Boston Red Sox, baseball in general, my Macs, golf (when I have time to play).
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

The 1.6 update is great. 

I was attempting to change the background color for texts and tools, but noticed no change no matter what color I chose. Using the iPad 3rd gen. 

• Rick Bennett likes this

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,773 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

If you change the global settings (Library > Settings) you need to reload the text/tool view for the changes to take place. Can you check to see if this works?

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#3 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

Also if night mode is turned on we don't allow any color changes.

#4 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my kids, my church, the Boston Red Sox, baseball in general, my Macs, golf (when I have time to play).

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

If you change the global settings (Library > Settings) you need to reload the text/tool view for the changes to take place. Can you check to see if this works?

I think I did this and it didn't change color. Reloading the view would be moving away from the current text/tool and then opening it again? I definitely do not have it in night mode. 

#5 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Ok. Call off the bug search. It seems to be working just fine. Sorry about that. Happy New Year!

#6 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

I will say that it seems like the colors are faint, but when I changed it to Rose, there was a definite color change. My guess is that we should not be realizing stark color changes, but those that are more subtle? 

#7 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Brent - The colors are pale, but can be distinguished from one another.  The Sky is definitely but subtilely blue, the Mint a pale green, Book is a slightly yellowish off-white, Newprint slightly gray.  Rose is pale, too.  The Parchment has the most color, IMO, and I think all are preferable to white. 

Julia Falling

Accordance 10

MacBook Air Mavericks

Mac mini Mavericks

iPad Air iOS 7

#8 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Brent - The colors are pale, but can be distinguished from one another.  The Sky is definitely but subtilely blue, the Mint a pale green, Book is a slightly yellowish off-white, Newprint slightly gray.  Rose is pale, too.  The Parchment has the most color, IMO, and I think all are preferable to white. 

Thanks Julie.  I'm not sure what happened the first time around unless I just didn't refresh the text/tool I was looking at, but I'm now noticing the colors. I definitely like Parchment the best. 

My eyes could just be failing me...

#9 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Brent - You have another disadvantage, being male.  Men do not detect subtile differences in color to the extent that women do.  My eyes aren't improving any, either - one of the worst things about getting old.  I really don't mind the white hair and wrinkles because they don't effect how I function.  I just fix myself up in the morning as best I can, and avoid mirrors the rest of the day.

Julia Falling

Accordance 10

MacBook Air Mavericks

Mac mini Mavericks

iPad Air iOS 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users