• Interests:Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Surgeon
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thanks Joel, that was exceptionally helpful!  Now I have pages and pages of notes to show my dh.  Using the demo was pivotal with all this.  Now what I'm reading on the forums makes a lot more sense!  And yes, I saw that User Tools.  I just didn't realize what it was.  That would take a long time to get The Directory formated like that, wowsers.  

Thanks, and I'm sure I'll pop in with more questions.   :)

Hey WOTH,

glad you are enjoying Accordance, even in its demo form. I have been using it for 20 years and have never regretted the purchase.

The making of the directory into a user tool would not necessarily take all that long, but it would unless you knew how to use some automation tools like TextWrangler or BBEdit or vim. If that didn't make any sense to you, it is probably a steep learning curve and perhaps something you might want to attack a little later in your Accordance experience. We may still find some kind soul who might do it and upload it to the Exchange.

Edited by Ken Simpson, 24 January 2013 - 08:29 AM.

Regards
Ken
Australian Accordance Demonstrator

Administrator, Accordance Exchange

Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#42 WomanoftheHouse

WomanoftheHouse

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

For clarification: the ZPEB is discontinued because it has been updated and re-released as the Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible (ZEB, http://www.accordanc...etails/?pid=ZEB). 

I wondered if that was the case!  Thanks for clarifying!  :)

#43 WomanoftheHouse

WomanoftheHouse

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hey WOTH,

glad you are enjoying Accordance, even in its demo form. I have been using it for 20 years and have never regretted the purchase.

The making of the directory into a user tool would not necessarily take all that long, but it would unless you knew how to use some automation tools like TextWrangler or BBEdit or vim. If that didn't make any sense to you, it is probably a steep learning curve and perhaps something you might want to attack a little later in your Accordance experience. We may still find some kind soul who might do it and upload it to the Exchange.

Hmm, well I haven't done those things, but I'm always up for some learning.  I figure there can't be a more romantic birthday present for a man than a searchable Baxter, right?  :)  So, no, I haven't used those yet, but maybe I can learn.  Thanks for the tips.  I'll look into them, and if they're something I can learn, I can see whether it's something I can break into chunks and get done.  

#44 WomanoftheHouse

WomanoftheHouse

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

You'll be happy to know we bought our stuff (Accordance) today.  I still haven't downloaded it, because I really need to tidy my computer and make some room.  Dh is excited.  :)

• Rick Bennett likes this

#45 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,328 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Surgeon

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Welcome to the family :D

Edited by Ken Simpson, 24 January 2013 - 10:37 PM.

Regards
Ken
Australian Accordance Demonstrator

Administrator, Accordance Exchange

Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users