Scripture Links in User Notes

Robb B

I really like the way the Scripture Links work in user tools and would like to see that implemented in the user notes. The difference I have noticed is that in the user notes a reference does not carry over from the previous reference. For example, if I type in "Ps 1:1; 2:6; 3:2" and make three separate links, the user notes do not seem to handle the second and third reference, not knowing to which book I am referring. In the user tools I have created, Accordance assumes that whatever book was referenced last is the book of the current reference. It takes me extra time that I'd like to cut out to have to type "Ps 1:1; Ps 2:6; Ps 3:2" to create three links to verses in Psalms (or any other book) in my user notes. I realize that I could make it one hyperlink, but then I'd have to click it and bring it up in a new window/tab to view the verses. With three separate links I can merely hover the mouse over each one to see each verse, which is far more convenient and time-effective for me. Thanks for considering this request.

This is not possible, due to the fundamental differences between these types of modules. User Tools get indexed every time you update, which is why the updating can be slow. In that process scripture references are identified and verified according to the context, so the book name can be derived from a previous reference.

User Notes, on the other hand, are not indexed at all. The scripture reference is only parsed when you click on it or put the cursor over it, and it cannot look at the context. Therefore you must either make the string of references one reference, and click to see all the verses, or add the book name to each individual reference, sorry!

Thanks for the explanation.

What about this upgrade to the user notes: Is it feasible to enable the user notes edit window to be tied to a tab in the workspace or another open window in a future rev? Usually when I am working on a text, I am editing the note that corresponds to the top verse in my search text, and it would be nice if the user note edit window scrolled with the search text via a tie like commentaries, &c. do.

I do not think this is feasible as it has to update each time you move out of a verse that you have edited.

Archived