Instant Details Partially obscured by Dock

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I prefer to use ID as a popup on click and hold. I also have my Dock along the left side of my screen.

If I click and hold on a word near the left side of my workspace, the ID pop-up is partially obscured by the Doc. Screenshot attached.

post-407-0-93689500-1360079679_thumb.png

Lorinda - I keep my dock hidden when using Accordance on my MBP w/o an external monitor. That maximizes my real estate and reduces the clutter. When connected to a 24" monitor, I "unhide" the dock. My husband locates his dock on the right side of his screen. Mine is located on the bottom, left-justified (TinkerTool).

I did not realize that the ID pop-up window would extend beyond the space currently occupied by Accordance. Hmm.

Edited by Julie Falling

Julie,

I know that hiding the dock is an option, but it drives me crazy to do so. (Different strokes for different folks.) If the ID pop-up went no further than the edge of the workspace (or even if there was a preference for that), it would help me immensely.

Lorinda - I perfectly understand. Accordance has been the application that has dictated how I use my laptop. When I'm in Accordance, it occupies the entire screen. It would be better all around, however, if the ID stayed within the space already occupied by Accordance. Relocating your dock would not help you because of the way the window above is set up. The ID window would go off the Accordance space to the right if you were checking a cross reference there.

Our son also hates dock-hiding. Says it slows him down. On the other hand, I covet the screen space, so I do it.

I've also tried relocating my dock. I'm used to where it is now. I kept going to the wrong location - made me nuts. If I use the laptop screen plus a monitor, I do not want the dock on the far right side. Locating it on the bottom left has worked for me.

TinkerTool (free at MacUpdate.com) does allow you to move your dock to "start" position, center, or "end" position. I like that.