links user tools

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jlewis

jlewis

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Learning biblical truths, Hebrew language, singing, music, reading, dancing, exercise, cooking and good eating, board games, electronic games, internet and computing, electronic gadgets, and more.
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Greetings Accordance Fans,

I am educating myself on Accordance User Tools, and I have a question about linking to other modules from my user tool. In Accordance help article, Creating Links in User Tools, it gives one example, and I quote,

"Nearby English words can be included in the link, such as this example of a Greek word in BDAG: [BDAG, Greek Entry, agaph] Love."

I don't have the BDAG, but I do have the Mounce Greek Dictionary (smile). Thanks Accordance!  Anyhow, what I wish to know is what the nearby English word is in the example above from the Accordance help file. I think it is the word Love on the end there. So, I tried it out. I copied and pasted the text into my user tool, substituting Mounce Greek Dictionary for BDAG in two ways, as follows.

[Mounce Greek Dictionary, Greek Entry, agaph] Love

and

[Mounce Greek Dictionary, Greek Entry, agaph]

I get the exact same search results from both links. In other words, I made links of both Mounce Greek Dictionary examples, and I hoped to find something different for the first one because it has the word Love on the end of it. All I wish to know is how do I use Accordance to create a link to an Accordance module within my user tools that will find nearby English words. If I am getting the same search results, as previously stated, I must be doing something wrong. Please help.

Thanks. Gracias. Danke. Peaches, opps I mean Peace and Shalom.  :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: links, user, tools

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users