HITS LINK CONTENTS linking commands searches

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Accordance's three linking commands, [LINK], [HITS], and [CONTENTS]  temporarily “link” Accordance windows (zones or tabs) together, allowing searches in the source window to affect other windows. These powerful commands allow simultaneous searches, searches within searches, and cascading searches in multiple windows. Join Dr. J ask he reviews these three commands, providing practical applications for each.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#2 HansK

HansK

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Legal metaphors, Dogmatics, Christology
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Tim,

This instruction video has helped me much. What I like with the commands in A is that these are not like the instant-coffee stuff so that that you cannot see behind the curtains.

With these commands you are an actor yourself and can easily make your own choices. And fast it is, almost too fast :-)

I am nearly at the end of your dissertation, FYI. Interesting too!

Blessings,

Gr. Hans

#3 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

Thank you for this podcast! It really opened up my understanding of how powerful the LINK command could be. I know everyone is thrilled with the Mounce Dictionary but there are times when I miss Strong's Greek. Strong's identifies the components of compound words which is really helpful (a feature which would really improve Mounce's). I now have a pane for Mounce's Dictionary and a pane for Strong's Greek LINKed. So, when I triple-click on a word it shows in BOTH the Mounce and Strong's Greek. AWESOME. 

Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#4 Ken Han

Ken Han

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

I always enjoy these podcasts. Just one question. I prefer not to install Flash, and without it, the OP above shows a missing plugin empty box. But I can actually see the same podcast from YouTube. (I joined youtube.com/html5 beta) Do you think you can link the non-flash version in the future? Is that even possible? Thanks.

#5 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Tim,

This instruction video has helped me much. What I like with the commands in A is that these are not like the instant-coffee stuff so that that you cannot see behind the curtains.

With these commands you are an actor yourself and can easily make your own choices. And fast it is, almost too fast :-)

I am nearly at the end of your dissertation, FYI. Interesting too!

Blessings,

Gr. Hans

Oops! Sorry, Ken, I missed your response to my post. Glad you are enjoying my doctoral dissertation. For those of you reading this thread, it is the basis of my commentary on Revelation, which is included in the Life in the Spirit Commentary on the New Testament. Enjoy!

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#6 Jonathan C. Borland

Jonathan C. Borland

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Truly impressive Accordance commands. Wish I had known how to use them earlier!

#7 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hey, y'all (Ken and Jonathan especially) — Why not just subscribe to the podcasts at iTunes?  You don't need Flash, and you won't miss any of them.

Julia Falling

Accordance 11

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite Acc 11

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

#8 Jonathan C. Borland

Jonathan C. Borland

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

I just subscribed in iTunes and downloaded 12 of the ones that sounded the most interesting/useful. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HITS, LINK, CONTENTS, linking, commands, searches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users