Photo

Magandang Balita Biblia (or Tagalog Popular Version)

Filipino Tagalog Philippines missionaries missionary filipinos filipino americans translation version text

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doulosnes

doulosnes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

It would be very helpful for many Accordance users (i.e. Filipino Americans, Filipinos, and missionaries) if “Magandang Balita Biblia" (or Tagalog Popular Version) is available in Accordance 10x. This is a parallel translation of the Good News Bible using the "functional" or "dynamic" equivalence technique.  Philippine Bible Society publishes the first edition in 1973 and a new edition in 2005.  This is a modern translation compared to an earlier Tagalog translation, "Ang Biblia" (translated from American Standard Version 1905).  “'Ang Biblia' is the Bible for the traditional Tagalog Bible reader. 'Ang Biblia' is written in the old Tagalog” (http://yirmeyah.word...ng-biblia-1905/)

Really, it is just great if I have this translation on my iPhone/iPad as I go around from village to village preaching and teaching the word in an easy to understand Tagalog language.

Edited by doulosnes, 22 February 2013 - 01:22 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Filipino, Tagalog, Philippines, missionaries, missionary, filipinos, filipino americans, translation, version, text

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users