Workspace toolbar

tebel

Is there a way to have the workspace toolbar open in Accordance but without any Tabs or Zones?

rari

Sorry rari,

that doesn't quite make sense to me. A workspace is a window that contains one or more zones. It doesn't have to have a tab per se but I don't know how to open a workspace without a zone. The workspaces toolbar item will open your saved workspaces.

If you want to open a blank workspace (or at least as blank as it can be), then choose "File" => "new workspace" That will have a zone in it though...

However, I don't think I have quite got what you want.

Ken, you have answered my question already. I didn't think this was possible. However, it would be a nice option, that is, to have Accordance begin with a blank workspace.

Thank you.

Hi Rari, glad to help. Why would you want a completely blank workspace? Everything you do in Accordance is in a zone. What would the advantage be of having to populate the workspace with a zone after you open the "blank" workspace?

As far as I am aware, Accordance has four startup options: Default search, Default Session, Last Session and Daily Reading. With each of these Startup options the user has to start Accordance with some text or module. However, I personally do not always want to start my work in Accordance with a predetermined text or module. Since there are many things one can do in Accordance, it would be nice to have greater variety in terms of a startup choice. Otherwise I find myself closing modules. I know this can be done via the File menu but I think it would be easier for me to do this from the workspace toolbar. Otherwise one could start the program with a choice of workspaces (including blank).

OK, that makes sense, and you are correct in your startup options. But here's a trick I have used for a while that might help.

Get a workspace the way you want it. Size, texts etc. and then save that workspace.

Do that as many times as you want for the various common study possibilities that you have. Make sure they are named in a way you can remember.

Put all these saved workspaces into a folder in ~/Documents/Accordance Files

then drag that folder onto your dock (down the right hand end - at least, near the downloads folder etc.)

Then to launch straight into any of your pre-prepared workspaces by click-holding on the folder dock icon and choosing it from the file cascade that appears.

It's not quite what you want, but it overcomes at least some of the issues you are feeling I think.

Hope this is useful and not just teaching you to suck eggs

• Like 2

Glad it works for you! I still use it despite the development of better ways for Accordance handling the workspaces thing. It's so convenient just to click the file to launch to what you want.

Always happy to help if I know how... :ph34r: