Difficulty Selecting Text

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Ever since upgrading to Accordance 10, I have had a lot of difficulty selecting text in Accordance panes.

I use the trackpad on my MacBook Pro. I should be able to click and drag to select text, but more than half of the time, this does not work in Accordance. This is particularly the case if I click at the bottom of a section I want to select and drag up, although sometimes that works, too.

I ONLY have this problem in Accordance, so I don't believe it is a problem with my trackpad. Any ideas what's going on?

Lorinda

Have you tried going to Preferences -> Instant Details and disabling 'Show Popover on Click and Hold'? Or adjusting the hold time. If you click and don't start dragging soon enough (based on this preference), Accordance thinks you are trying to load Instant Details instead of making a selection. Note, you can still get to the popover instant details with Option-click, regardless of the setting.

Thanks for the suggestion, Joel. I'd forgotten about option-click, so I'll turn off the click-and-hold option and see if that helps. On a quick check it seems to. If the problem crops up again, I'll let you know.

Note, however, that much of the time, no pop-up was appearing, as I wasn't clicking on a word or verse reference, but on empty space.

Thanks, Joel. This is the same issue I was having. I've turned off the click and hold and now everything is working.

I have had this same problem since installing version 10. Joel, your suggestion seems to have fixed it. Why was the popover set as a default and why wasn't the suggestion about changing that setting made much sooner? This question has occurred multiple times since version 10 came out.

Well, the popover is set to default as it is the more intuitive choice for many people, especially as it is the logic used on Accordance for iOS. We've made the suggestion about that setting before, even to you: http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8704

I agree that it should be one of the first things to check if a user has trouble making a selection.

Like Lorinda, I never experienced a popover and thus had no way of knowing that that was the problem. You should probably consider this behavior to be a bug and try to find a fix.