#1 AdrianD

AdrianD

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Hello,

I have Accordance 10 with the Starter Collection and Accordance Scholars 9 Essential Collection. I notice on my iMac I have more English Texts than on my other devices (Air, iPhone, iPad). I'm particularly interested in having the NIV on my Air as I often prepare sermons on this machine and I prefer to preach from the NIV. However, the NIV does not seem to be available in Easy Install. How can I get the NIV on my laptop?

#2 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

For your iOS devices, an easy way is to "Synch with Mobile Device" found in the Accordance menu to the right of the Apple at the top of your screen: file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/02_install_etc/sync_to_mobile_devices.htm

For your laptop you can transfer your file like you would any other file (USB drive, LAN, DropBox, etc) and put it in the Texts folder (Library>Application Support>Modules>Texts). Then add it to your Library within Accordance by double clicking the file or going to the Library pane in the program, clicking the + sign at the bottom left and navigating to the folder with the module NIV-G/K.

This all assumes that you have the NIV-G/K from a purchase some time ago. I believe that it is no longer available for purchase, as it has been superseded by NIV11-G/K.

• AdrianD likes this
Michael
Accordance on Macintosh, iPhone, and iPad

#3 AdrianD

AdrianD

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Thanks very much Michael for responding so quickly and thoroughly! This great! Yes. It's NIV11-G/K. I'll install it now.

#4 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Adrian - If your Macs are running Mountain Lion, you can also easily move stuff between your computers with AirDrop.  Works really well.  I used to just log on to one machine from the other using our home ethernet system, but with AirDrop, I can do it wirelessly, and it's fast.

• AdrianD likes this

Julia Falling

Accordance 11

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite Acc 11

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NIV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users