1 reply to this topic

#1 Pastor Vinny

Pastor Vinny

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:00 PM

I have a new MacBook Pro. Running 10.4.7; everthing has been working well until I added a new third party software called Shapeshifter. It is a preference pane that allows you to change themes, icons and desktops. For some reason, since I added this to my system I can not restart Accordance after quitting out of the program. I have to reboot my computer and then it starts again. I am using Accordance 7.0.2.

I have trashed preferences and and run scripts to no avail. I uninstalled Shapeshifter and now it is fine. I don't know if it was a problem with a "theme" or an "icon" or what.

Anyone else have this problem?

Pastor Vinny

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:25 PM

I can't comment on ShapeShifter, but I stopped using all of Unsanity's haxies some time ago because of compatibility and performance issues that their Application Enhancer introduced. I think they produce some nice software, but it may well be that OS X has evolved in ways that has made it harder for their software to do its tricks cleanly. I will take stability over glamour any day!

p.s. note, too, that ShapeShifter is currently only in testing mode as a universal binary.

Edited by jpkang, 30 July 2006 - 08:27 PM.

J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users