2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Langston

Dan Langston

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

This is a unique function that works well in the daily reading tool.  When you click on daily reeding, your default devotional pulls up.

EMBEDDED references within the devotional get looked up in a side Context window by default.

This is a great feature. (It's similar to Logos "instant details" window, or power lookup) <which to me are the some of their most powerful features>

What I've been trying to figure out by reading the award-winning  help is if there is a way to put a context window next to a resource, say (a Bible dictionary) and it automatically looks up embedded references?   It must be possible because it does it with the daily reading tool.  I know you can click on references and they show up in the context window, and of course instant details, but it seems as if you should be able to setup a workspace where when you switch from one resource to another, or one article to another, the context window could look up the embedded verse references for you.

Attached Files

#2 Dan Langston

Dan Langston

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

I did review the award winning help again and found a really good feature that just about perfectly mirrors the Logos power look-up, enabling me to go to the next level of a very satisfied Accordance user:

Command-Click anywhere in a paragraph with embedded references and it looks them up in canonical order in a seperate context pane.

Great work, Accordance!

Here is the guidance, straight from the award winning help file.

You are here: Digging Deeper > Study Aids: Tools and Parallels > Using Tools > Using Links in Tools

To open a series of references in a paragraph, click inside the first reference, drag and release the mouseinside the last reference. All references in the series are displayed in a single new tab.

• To open all references in a paragraph apple_cmnd.gif–Click on any verse reference. All references in the paragraph are displayed in a single new tab.

• Randy Cue likes this

#3 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Teaching adult Sunday School, baseball

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Nice digging B)

Soli Deo Gloria,