Highlighting in Multiple Bibles

craigminah

I have expanded my Bible study to include NASB w/ Strong's, NKJV w/ Strong's, NIV with G/K Numbers, NLT, and HCSB w/ Strong's. When I highlight a passage in the NASB it sometimes is also highlighted in the other version, sometimes not. I ran into this highlighting Matthew 22:39 in NASB, it would only highlight that verse in the NASB. When I went to the NLT and highlighted that same verse it highlighted at verse along with Matthew 22:40 in all the Bibles.

When I hover over a word in any Bible the same word gets highlighted in the other Bibles but why doesn't it highlight all other Bible translations all the time? Thanks.

If I understand you correctly, it has to do with what you highlight. If you highlight only the word/words of a verse, the highlight stays in that particular text. But if you highlight the verse reference, all other versions get highlighted as well.

If I understand you correctly, it has to do with what you highlight. If you highlight only the word/words of a verse, the highlight stays in that particular text. But if you highlight the verse reference, all other versions get highlighted as well.

I selected the verse with the reference and got an error but when I highlight just the verse reference it works. Not sure why it seemed to work when I highlighted the NLT verse only but it doesn't work now but I always highlight the verse text and about half the time it highlights the other translations.

Maybe I'm wrong but I just went and highlighted just the verse text for Matt 22:39 in NKJV and it highlighted Matt 22:38-40. I think it looks like it worked correctly about half the time before because I selected multiple verses, starting at the verse text of one verse and including a the second verse's verse reference along with it's verse text so it just highlighted both verses in all translations...I know I'm not explaining it well :) It all makes sense to me now...thanks.

Edited by craigminah