#1 craigminah

craigminah

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

I have expanded my Bible study to include NASB w/ Strong's, NKJV w/ Strong's, NIV with G/K Numbers, NLT, and HCSB w/ Strong's.  When I highlight a passage in the NASB it sometimes is also highlighted in the other version, sometimes not.  I ran into this highlighting Matthew 22:39 in NASB, it would only highlight that verse in the NASB.  When I went to the NLT and highlighted that same verse it highlighted at verse along with Matthew 22:40 in all the Bibles.

When I hover over a word in any Bible the same word gets highlighted in the other Bibles but why doesn't it highlight all other Bible translations all the time?  Thanks.

#2 Ken Han

Ken Han

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

If I understand you correctly, it has to do with what you highlight. If you highlight only the word/words of a verse, the highlight stays in that particular text. But if you highlight the verse reference, all other versions get highlighted as well.

#3 craigminah

craigminah

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

If I understand you correctly, it has to do with what you highlight. If you highlight only the word/words of a verse, the highlight stays in that particular text. But if you highlight the verse reference, all other versions get highlighted as well.

I selected the verse with the reference and got an error but when I highlight just the verse reference it works.  Not sure why it seemed to work when I highlighted the NLT verse only but it doesn't work now but I always highlight the verse text and about half the time it highlights the other translations.

Maybe I'm wrong but I just went and highlighted just the verse text for Matt 22:39 in NKJV and it highlighted Matt 22:38-40.  I think it looks like it worked correctly about half the time before because I selected multiple verses, starting at the verse text of one verse and including a the second verse's verse reference along with it's verse text so it just highlighted both verses in all translations...I know I'm not explaining it well :)  It all makes sense to me now...thanks. 

Edited by craigminah, 12 March 2013 - 06:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users