BDB triple click crash

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JPaul

JPaul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Voice of the Martyrs and Distant Shores Media - helping the global church.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

I am running:

Accordance 10.1 on

OSX 10.7.5

Often, when I triple click a Hebrew word in BHS-W4 to bring up BDB Complete, Accordance crashes. For example, a triple click on the last word in Nahum 1:14 "qallota" creates the crash. Opening BDB Abridged does not seem to have the same problem. 

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,995 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

Have you tried upgrading to the latest Accordance, 10.1.3?

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#3 JPaul

JPaul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Voice of the Martyrs and Distant Shores Media - helping the global church.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Upgraded to 10.1.3 and I no longer get the crash as I described. Thanks.

#4 Yohanan

Yohanan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

I have bought a few months ago the complete BDB and DCH and I must say that I am rather disappointed by the way Accordance connects the text to these lexical tools. For example: I click on the the Hifil of Shahat in 2 Sam 11, 1 and I get only the substantive SH H T nothing of the verb though I clicked on an inflected verb.

When you try to go from BDB to DCH it's okay, but you have to be very careful in navigating in DCH and most often I lose the entry by trying to roll down or up the DCH from the entry I get. Moreover as the bridge from BDB to DCH goes through the consonants in the search field at the top it happens, not infrequently, that I am led to something else.

Any clue as to the way these tols could be more useful in the Accordance? Right now I just go the BDB or old german Gesenius I have on paper.

#5 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,431 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

Have you tried to add the option in Preferences: General that includes the verse reference when amplifying? It very often will take you to the correct entry of the lexicon.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#6 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,862 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

I have bought a few months ago the complete BDB and DCH and I must say that I am rather disappointed by the way Accordance connects the text to these lexical tools. For example: I click on the the Hifil of Shahat in 2 Sam 11, 1 and I get only the substantive SH H T nothing of the verb though I clicked on an inflected verb.

When you try to go from BDB to DCH it's okay, but you have to be very careful in navigating in DCH and most often I lose the entry by trying to roll down or up the DCH from the entry I get. Moreover as the bridge from BDB to DCH goes through the consonants in the search field at the top it happens, not infrequently, that I am led to something else.

Any clue as to the way these tols could be more useful in the Accordance? Right now I just go the BDB or old german Gesenius I have on paper.

Can you post a screen shot of what you see in DCH after triple-clicking on וַיַּשְׁחִתוּ in 2Sam 11.1? 

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#7 Yohanan

Yohanan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

I did as you said Helen, does not change the situation. As to a screenshot, Rick, I am just asking on the web how to do this, for the usual command keys for this on my Mac do not work. I wil come back with a screenshot asap.

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BDB, triple click, crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users