Suppress information tips

Julia Falling

Hey - In the General preferences I have this box checked. Is it supposed to slow them down or squash them? I'm still getting them, so if it's squashing, it's not working. If it's slowing them down, I'd like it to slow them down even more! Am I missing something?

Thanks!

It should quash them (squash if you prefer).

Well, they're still there, and it's starting to annoy.

For clarification, the information tips are dialog boxes that Accordance shows to help certain functionality. Julie, are you instead referring to the yellow alt text/tool tips boxes that appear on hover?

Those don't bother me too much. There are the little yellow boxes that appear if my cursor hovers over the verse/chapter/book arrows in the lower left corner of the window. After 9+ years with Accordance, that is one part of the interface that I really do understand. Can I make the boxes stay gone?

Thanks

• 2 years later...

The little yellow boxes have become little gray boxes.  The appear when I am about to choose an up or down arrow (Vs, Ch, Bk) in the lower left corner.  Is there something I can check to prevent their appearance?

Thanks!

Mine is behaving the same as Julie's.  The preference for this doesn't seem to work for turning them off.

Thanks, Joel.  Gave it a try.  It didn't seem to make any difference.  I did quit and restart Accordance.  I'll restart my Mac later and take another look when I've not got so much homework to do!