Cmd Semicolon

Anon

When in a text, a user can toggle between verses or words with command-;. It would be great if one could toggle through the various fields of a tool with the same keyboard shortcut.

• Like 1

That shortcut already controls the different "show text as" views llisted under the gear in the upper right. But I agree, I would rather have it control the search fields. I toggle them much more often.

• Like 1

James, I was actually just thinking the same thing the other day. +1 from Greater Boston, Mass.

• 2 months later...

Still thinking this would be a neat feature to have--wondering if it might be or could be in the works for a future dot release?

I sure hope so. This seems to be a prime example of understanding what one means when the claim is made that a feature is intuitive. That is to say, intuitive application behavior isn't some pie-in-the-sky language whereby one is expected to know the functionality of an applications behavior a priori. Rather, one makes a ready assumption presumption on the grounds of previous experience and features (passim) that command-; in a tool would change search fields, as it does in a text.

Edited by J. T.