Accordance 10 new user

Oheyward

I consider myself fairly new to the accordance software. I am currently using version 10, and I am finding it difficult to navigate. Admittedly, I am a logos user, which is probably half of the problem. However, many of the tutorial videos that I am viewing are from an older version of accordance, in which some of the functionality is different. Ultimately, I am trying to learn how to use the language tools more effectively. I would appreciate if anyone could give me some direction in regards to how I could maximize this software program.Thank you in advance.

Welcome to Accordance!

You are welcome to post specific questions here, but your general question is hard to answer. I certainly recommend the newer podcasts, and the earliest ones on version 10 will highlight the changes from version 9.

If you can go to a training seminar, you will learn a lot, but I don't think there is one currently scheduled in the Atlanta area.

Another option is to get together with an experienced user for an hour or two, just to get oriented to the way Accordance works. if you cannot find one locally, we can arrange a short personal tutorial using a screensharing program like Skype.

How do i access a greek dictionary from the bible?

Welcome to Accordance!

I think you'll love it, once you've made the transition. The quickest way to get up to speed, without attending one of our free day-long seminars, is to watch the podcasts. We have a special list for those new to Accordance: http://www.accordancebible.com/Podcasts-Recommended/. Most of these episodes are from the latest version of Accordance.

The quickest way to see a definition of any word is to open Instant Details [the icon that looks like a box with a lighting bolt; it should be in your toolbar], then place your cursor over a word. Basic information will appear automatically. Press ⌘ while hovering over the word and the whole definition will appear. Triple-click the word and the appropriate lexicon will open in a new zone.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Oheyward,

If you have a Greek text open, you simply triple click on the word and it will take you to the appropriate entry in you default Greek lexicon.

If you are using a tagged English text (such as ESVS - not ESV), then you simply triple click on the English word and it will open you default Greek dictionary. Alternately, you may simply hover over the word and see a brief gloss in the instant details window.

Hope this helps.

In Christ,

Bret

• Like 1