Odes in LXX1 marked as "Pr Man"

Abram K-J

Does anyone else see the same thing as the attached shots when searching Odes 1.1 and 5.9, for example? (Or really any of them.) The abbreviated book name appears as Pr Man, presumably for Prayer of Mannaseh.

This comes after I search using "Ode" for the book name.

Edited by AbramKJ

My search lists Odes 1:1 in the search results, but in the navigation box (bottom right) it reads Pr Man 1:1

Hmmm... interesting. Wonder why mine would be any different.

My navigation box also reads "Pr Man," but then when you click on the triangle to open it up, it oddly shows "Ode." checked.

One of the Odes is the Prayer of Manasseh, so this is the source of the confusion.

• Like 1

One of the Odes is the Prayer of Manasseh, so this is the source of the confusion.

Thanks Helen!

(Clarification: which is to say, I'm seeing all the Odes with a book title abbreviation of Pr Man; it's not just the actual Prayer of Manasseh being labeled that way.)

Before this thread gets buried, I'm wondering if an Accordance staffer can comment on whether this might/could be fixed soon-ish? I don't know how many corrections, etc. you all like to gather before pushing out an update, but a mis-named book seems (at least from my vantage point) like it could warrant a fix, if/as you all are able.

We have been traveling. I just looked at this and cannot repeat your error, the book name displays as Ode in the LXX1. Please contact me to set up a screenshare so I can see why you seeing this.

• Like 1

When I search LXX1 or LXXS-T for Odes, the proper book name appears, but the navigation box in the bottom right shows Pr Man regardless of the chapter selected for Odes. Trying to navigate with it gives an error message. See screen shot.

post-125-0-23129200-1366971710_thumb.png

Before this thread gets buried, I'm wondering if an Accordance staffer can comment on whether this might/could be fixed soon-ish? I don't know how many corrections, etc. you all like to gather before pushing out an update, but a mis-named book seems (at least from my vantage point) like it could warrant a fix, if/as you all are able.

Abram

I just had a Skype conversation with Helen and Roy Brown. There is a bug, but the work around till it can be fixed is to open Preferences > Appearance and uncheck "Use SBL standard abbreviations"

That solved the anomaly I reported above: the broken Go To box showing Pr Man.

Does this address your issue?

Michael

PS Thank you Helen and Roy!

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta
  • Like 1