Search help (verses) needed

Monty Lee

With version 7 (Macintosh), I cannot get the search by verse to work properly. In the Accordance Help, it says to enter the Book followed by Chapter colon verse(s). Fine, that makes sense. So I enter Ecc 7:1-8:17 and I get 6:12 - 9:1. I don't want the verse before and after. I want exactly what I type. I've searched the forums, looked at the program preferences, and I just can't seem to find how to fix this.

So how do I get the program to return the EXACT search critieria?

Thanks.

Monty

It sounds like your context is set to 1 verse in the "more options" section. That is the only way I can reproduce what you are describing. Make sure context is set to None per my screenshot below. HTH.

It sounds like your context is set to 1 verse in the "more options" section. That is the only way I can reproduce what you are describing. Make sure context is set to None per my screenshot below. HTH.

Thanks. I didn't know about this. By the way, for Macintosh users (like me) with version 7, it is not in the "more options" section. That must be a PC option. It is under Accordance-Preferences, then select Search Window on the left column. To the right will be the Add contect, which is a pop-up window.

Thanks again.

Monty Lee

Hi Monty,

It is on the Mac version, you just have to have your screen expanded wide enough for it to show up. I'm using OS 10.4.7. You can also find it by right-clicking just below the text-entry search box in the contextual menu that appears.

Archived