Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hey - My husband and I attended an Accordance seminar on Saturday taught by Rick Mansfield - thanks, Rick!  It was very helpful, especially for Steve.  He came back from the DARK SIDE when he retired and is not quite up to speed with Accordance yet - the seminar really helped him and I learned a few more tricks, too.

Here's our problem.  We were trying to add a new search range.  I was able to do this without any problems.  However, when Steve tried, it would Verify, but it would not Update.  I tried Get Info so that I could fix it, but it didn't work.

This morning I tried another fix.  I quit Accordance on his machine, went into the User Library>Application Support>Accordance>Preferences and deleted his Search Ranges pref.  I replaced it with mine.  Still no-go.

Here's a screen shot of his error message.  Can I fix this, or does he need to call the Tech Guys at Accordance?

Thanks!

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-05-05 at 11.47.20 PM.png   103.02KB   20 downloads

Julia Falling

Accordance 10

MacBook Air Mavericks

Mac mini Mavericks

iPad Air iOS 7

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

Replacing it with yours works well, as long as he has permission to edit the file!  Find that file you put in his Accordance Preferences folder, hit Command-I to Get Info on it, and make sure he has permission to read and write the file.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#3 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

I tried that earlier, and it said he had permission to Read & Write.  I've sent your answer on to him (he's at work/church with his laptop).  Perhaps if he toggles it to Read Only, locks, unlocks, and toggles back to Read & Write it might fix it?  I ran Disk Utility this morning and that didn't help.

Julia Falling

Accordance 10

MacBook Air Mavericks

Mac mini Mavericks

iPad Air iOS 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users