#1 Bob Kuo

Bob Kuo

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Having just received an email telling me about bookmarks on iOS, I added one to Grudem's Systematic Theology that I am currently reading through.  I made a bookmark on one of the section headings and when I go to Library -> My Bookmarks all I see is "C."  The bookmarks probably by default grab just the first sentence - but can we make sure they have a minmum length?

Attached Files

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,667 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Bob, are you running 1.6.5?

I tried to replicate this using Wallace's Greek grammar and got the entire title of the work, rather than simply the letter of the particular section. I suspect that isn't ideal either, but it is very different from what you are reporting.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#3 Bob Kuo

Bob Kuo

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yup, I'm running 1.6.5. I'm in Grudem -> Part 3 The Doctrine of Man -> Chapter 22 Man as Male and Female -> Explanation and Scriptural Basis -> C. Differences in Roles.

When I highlight the "C" and hit bookmark I get a bookmark with "C".  When I highlighted "Differences" and hit bookmark I get a bookmark with "Differences in Roles".  I suspect it's just grabbing the first sentence and it's interpreting "C." as a sentence rather than as part of the outline.

#4 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Yup, I'm running 1.6.5. I'm in Grudem -> Part 3 The Doctrine of Man -> Chapter 22 Man as Male and Female -> Explanation and Scriptural Basis -> C. Differences in Roles.

When I highlight the "C" and hit bookmark I get a bookmark with "C".  When I highlighted "Differences" and hit bookmark I get a bookmark with "Differences in Roles".  I suspect it's just grabbing the first sentence and it's interpreting "C." as a sentence rather than as part of the outline.

Your analysis is correct. It is treating the C. as a sentence.

We hope to better address this as part of the arbitrary text selection feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users