#21 Matthew Burgess

Matthew Burgess

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

Building on Joe's earlier comments, I think that the Mac Mini's video card is more than adequate for Accordance.  I suspect that Raoul's previous issues were related to the quality of his Dell monitor compared to the cinema display of the iMac, rather than the Mini itself.  If the clarity of the text is the top priority, then it's difficult to beat a cinema display.  However, if cost is more important, you can certainly combine a Mini with a good third-party display and spend less than you would on an iMac.   

I have a Mini in my office, and it runs Accordance swiftly and effectively.  The text is not as sharp as my iPad or other devices, but that isn't because of the Mini; it's because the displays it's connected to are nowhere near the quality of a cinema display.  (Perhaps someday I'll find room in the budget to upgrade them!) 

• luoar likes this

#22 luoar

luoar

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Someone offered to sell me a Mac Pro dating back to 2006. I wondered of anyone would share their experience of a Mac Pro and Accordance. What is the graphics like? How does it run generally?

#23 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hey — I think at that point they were called Power Macs.  I had a 2005 dual G5 that ran well.  A couple of issues —

First, it could not run the latest OS.  I think Leopard was as recent an OS as I could run.  

Second, it ran hot.  When all the fans kicked in, it got noisy and the heat poured out.  Nice in winter.  Miserable in the summer.  

Lastly, it will not run Accordance 10 if it doesn't have an Intel processor.  I can't remember when the switch happened.

You might want to consider a newer model.

• luoar likes this

Julia Falling

Accordance 10

MacBook Air Mavericks

Mac mini Mavericks

iPad Air iOS 7

#24 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

If it can run 10.6, it can run the latest Accordance, and should do just fine at that.  I wouldn't be worried about any other specs except for OS.  (and internet access for Easy Install stuff)

• luoar likes this
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#25 luoar

luoar

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

I finally decided to buy a Mac Mini. Problems I had with my previous Mac Mini in terms of graphics display have been fully fixed in the latest firm updates. The machine works very nicely and runs Accordance flawlessly. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. 

#26 mikmat

mikmat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Mac, Bass guitar

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

I am using Accordance on a mac mini with two 22" monitors, anyone have suggestions on what workflow/desktop configuration to use? Please post a screen print/diagram of yours. thanks.

#27 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Some users undock Instant Details and put it on the 2nd monitor, transforming it into a full-sized reader.

• davidmedina likes this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users