Question on Exporting Parsing on Accordance

wagraham

Greetings,

My question is, perhaps, a simple one. I want to export the parsing list to excel from Accordance, while keeping articles and nouns on the same line. This is what I have figured so far: export as RTF, copy and paste into word, and then copy and paste into Excel. This works. Nevertheless, I have to manually move the article to the same line as the noun to get the layout I desire. Is there anyway in Accordance to change how the parsing lists are displayed (i.e. keeping articles and nouns together)?

Warmly,

Wyatt

Perhaps attached my Excel spreadsheet will clarify my post. While I cannot do that directly,—because the forums do not allow me to upload this type of file—I have uploaded the file to this location: http://db.tt/YUD1o64m

Edited by wagraham

Wyatt,

My guess is that there is no such configuration option in Accordance to keep the articles with the word that they modify. And it may be difficult to implement such a feature because an article can proceed a noun, adjective, participle, a prepositional phrase, or an entire clause.

That being said, your exact problem could be solved with some programming. Excel has scripting capabilities that would allow you to accomplish what you want. You can look up how to write Excel Macros to format your spreadsheet the way you want.