#21 ukfraser

ukfraser

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

For iOS, I am glad to see they are finally adopting the widgets that were available in android three years ago (things like Bluetooth and plane settings available without dig ginning into settings. I still don't like recurring monthly meetings being date related, great for outgoing payments but useless for 1st Wednesday of the month! Still not convinced by the lack of cd on the MBAir as I buy CDs and rip them to iTunes but even with the retina display on the MBP there is no CD player. At least the USB ports are on opposite sides, if I want to plug in a USB stick, I have to use a cable so I can plug something else in. I have set up a synology external drive which is great as its connected to my router so internal storage is just required for the apps. Adobe are pushing the cloud for creative suite but then you are linked in to monthly charges and stop paying and you loose the software which I think is a rip off. Also I am getting to the stage where I don't upgrade unless there is an essential feature (still on accordance 9, CS4, Lightroom 2, and snow leopard) I think the cloud is seen as getting people to commit to regular monthly income as I suspect others are not upgrading either and the big firms want to maintain profitability.
Fraser Sims
iOS 7, mountain lion, win 7 and win XP.
Other life enhancing software I use includes forScore with AirTurn page turner, HymnQuest, Lightroom and Sibelius.

#22 ChristianB

ChristianB

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

(deleted)

Edited by ChristianB, 07 August 2013 - 03:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users