5 replies to this topic

#1 Novacastrian

Novacastrian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

I seem to remember older versions of the IOS Accordance app having a "wheel" option as verse chooser. This seems to have been abandoned in favour of the list/ grid system. I miss the wheel! I found it quicker than either the list or the grid. When i mentioned it in an email to Accordance they suggested i post it here to see if there is any support for the idea of its return.

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,705 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

In short, the Wheel didn't conform to Apple's design guidelines, and would not allow for custom theming. We voted unanimously within our internal group to remove it.  There have only been 2 requests that I recall, since last year, to bring it back (including this one).

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#3 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

I can't understand how spinning a wheel can be faster than tapping directly on Dan or Mat...
“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#4 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

As a member of the "I also still prefer the wheel" club, the idea is that I often think much faster in a linear sense - "How many books down is Romans from Matthew" than always having to hunt and peck for the small box representing my book.  Its the idea of thinking relatively rather than absolutely that makes me miss the wheel so much.  I understand the iOS team's decision, but it doesn't replace the speed and ease of the wheel that I miss.  I do recognize that different people think differently, so for many the grid is certainly faster.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#5 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Remember, trombone players are used to making do without buttons. They prefer sliding things.   :D

• Alistair and Guntis like this
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

#6 Jonathan C. Borland

Jonathan C. Borland

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

Some may not want to hear this, but the FIRST thing I changed back when the wheel was the default was to get rid of the wheel! How annoying to scroll 33 books to the one you want just to have to scroll to 40+ chapters in Isaiah or some other long book, then to have to scroll yet again to the verse I wanted. So I'm not missing it one iota, but of course I would welcome the option for those who (however strangely) prefer it over the lightning fast grid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users