Dashboard Swipe Bug

Randy Steffens Jr

Whenever I am using Accordance and 4-finger-swipe to my dashboard, the dashboard stays visible for about one second and then automatically slides back to my Accordance screen, without me doing anything. Thus I cannot view anything on my dashboard for more than about one second when using Accordance. Perhaps this is a bug?

Accordance 10.1.7

OS X 10.8.4

MacBook Air, 11" Mid 2012

Yes, it's a bug and I've seen it too.

I've had this happen to me but never realized it was Accordance that was doing it!

I get around this problem by keeping Accordance out of the first workspace. As long as Accordance is in workspace 2 or higher, you won't see this problem.

In addition to the suggestion above about moving Accordance to another desktop/space, I've found if accordance isn't the active program (even if it's on the first or only desktop) there is no problem. It's definitely directly related to accordance. I thought, at first, it had to do with the accordance widget messing things up in conjunction with the program itself but that's not it. Accordance simply can't be the active program while accessing dashboard.

• 1 month later...

I had this issue as well when I tried to switch to the dashboard today. Accordance 10.2.4 on Mac OS X 10.8.4.

• 1 month later...

I have seen a variation of this problem over a few versions of Accordance and it is still present in the current version (10.3.1 and running on OS X 10.8.5). I have two desktops/spaces with Accordance open. Accordance in one desktop is configured for Bible study and Accordance in the other desktop is set up for resource reading. At times when I swipe from the Bible Study desktop to the Reading desktop, after a second or so on the Reading desktop, the window will swish back to the Bible Study desktop and stay there. A few days ago (with the current version), I was entertained by the windows swishing back and forth continuously. A command-Q shut Accordance down. When restarted, I was able to get the two Accordance windows on the separate desktops and could switch between them without problem.