Consistency in module display names

Ken Han

Some modules go by different names depending on where the name is displayed.

For example:

In the Library: Greek New Testament (tagged)

Text pane (wide): Greek New Testament (tagged)

Text pane (narrow): GNT-28T

Easy Install: Greek New Testament (tagged, based on NA28)

Another example:

In the Library: Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebraica) Tagged

Text pane (wide): Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebraica) Tagged

Text pane (narrow): HMT-W4

Easy Install: Biblia Hebraica with Westminster Hebrew Morph 4

Frankly, I find the different names for same modules confusing. I'd like to see ONE common name used every where, especially since it's not hard to look up more information about the text whether in the library or from the text pane itself.

I could see just normalizing the Easy Install description to be the same as what is used in the Library and "Text pane (wide)". I think Easy Install is different because that description is used in our web database.

If we used that same name in the 'narrow' sections then it would have to be truncated and probably too difficult to read to be of any use. The reason we went to using longer names was because a lot of people requested it saying that our module codes were too cryptic…I'm guessing you weren't among them. ;)

I see. How about an option to always showing the short name in the front of longer description? eg "HMT-W4 - Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebraica) Tagged" (in the library/wide text pane) and "HMT-W4 - Biblia Hebraica with Westminster Hebrew Morph 4" in Easy Install?

• 4 months later...

I agree with Ken Han.

Although the names can give more information than the (sometimes cryptic) codes, the codes always identify a product uniquely. I found the results very confusing when I typed 'LXX1' into the search box.

It would be very helpful if the code could be included in some way, even if it goes alongside a title. At present, its absence from the Product Details page for a module is very unhelpful.