Paste, drag & drop in search all in 10.x

twbeining

Hi Everyone,

I can not paste or drag & drop words into the search all box in the upper right corner of the app. Is this intentional or am I missing a place that the setting can be changed to make this work?

If this is not possible can you explain why?

Blessings,

Tim

Hi Tim,

copy and paste work perfectly for me, though drag-and-drop doesn't. Can you describe your setup a little more? What is you OS, your Accordance version etc...? Do you have any other copy-paste utilities active?

Thanks

Hi Ken,

First let me say thanks Ken!

OS X 10.8.4 and Accordance 10.1.7 The newest of both.

If I try to copy and paste into the "Search All" text entry box it won't let me. If I try to drag & drop it just shows a small black 'X" and doesn't allow it. Other than that everything seems to be working fine with the OS and Accordance both. I just thought it strange that I could not paste into it so I tried drag & drop and no go with it either. Just typing in it works fine.

Tim

Ken,

I just discovered something that I should have put in both of my posts. Sorry about that. I am trying to paste or drag & drop into the Search All box in the toolbar or ribbin or whatever you call it.

I just also noticed that if I do a search all for something the window that open to display the results will allow paste and drag & drop. That will work for what I want to do.

Maybe the one in the toolbar is not supposed to allow items to be pasted in or for drag & drop to be used. Not sure but I figured a way around it to do what I need.

Tim

Tim,

just had a play with this, and I think you have uncovered a bug (or at least an undocumented "feature"),

Could you try this? Open a new workspace (easiest is to quit and restart), then copy a word (using whatever process you like) and then click in the search all bar, and press CMD-V. I think you will find that will work.

However, if you go via the "Edit" menu, the "Paste" options are greyed out, and if you right click in the search all box, you just get the search all options dropping down.

Could you just confirm this is what you see as well?

Joel, this seems to be a bug to me.

Ken,

I can confirm it. That is exactly how it works for me also.

I did not try CMD-V before I posted the first time, only right click and got search all options. When I tried CMD-V I was able to paste into the search all bar and do my search.

I think it would be really cool if we could drag & drop into the search all bar as you can preset what group you want to search.

Maybe we could get Joel to get them to make it D&D for us :D

Thank you Ken!

Tim