• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fmcfee

fmcfee

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study...I am an active member of KI (Chuck Missler ) and seek to understand and apply the Bible to my life...I bought Accordance to help with my original language studies..I would like to be able to understand what the writers meant to say (I realize there are multiple meanings in the same verses)..not just depend on a translation...
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hi,

I have the comprehensive cross references tool....I really like it...but I cannot get it to bring a OT apocrypha reference to work...I have tried everything including the new "combined texts"in a secondary pane....I want to be able to use the KJVS as the search text with the KJVA...I understand about the "primary search pane" issue....I just want to be able to click on an OT apocrypha reference and have it display correctly...all the other links appear to be working correctly...

I have set the text display for crossrefs to KJVA and KJVS...and several combinations with no success 

Thanks in advance for your help..

Frank

Edited by fmcfee, 13 July 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,873 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

This is working for me, after making (in Set Tool Display) the Text pop-up KJVS and the Alternate Text KJVS.

It has nothing to so with the adding of an alternate text in a parallel pane.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 fmcfee

fmcfee

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study...I am an active member of KI (Chuck Missler ) and seek to understand and apply the Bible to my life...I bought Accordance to help with my original language studies..I would like to be able to understand what the writers meant to say (I realize there are multiple meanings in the same verses)..not just depend on a translation...

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

This is working for me, after making (in Set Tool Display) the Text pop-up KJVS and the Alternate Text KJVS.

It has nothing to so with the adding of an alternate text in a parallel pane.

Helen,

Thanks for your reply...I tried this and it did not work ....I am attaching a screen shot for your review...

I appreciate your help!

Frank

Attached Files

Edited by fmcfee, 14 July 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,873 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Since the KJVS is already open, I think you need to change the Text to KJVA for the amplify to work, or close the Text window and try again.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 fmcfee

fmcfee

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Since the KJVS is already open, I think you need to change the Text to KJVA for the amplify to work, or close the Text window and try again.

Helen,

I have tried everything and it does not work...I will just live with it...thanks for trying!

Frank

#6 JonathanHuber

JonathanHuber

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, Greek
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

If I set the Comprehensive Crossreference main text as KJVS and the alternate as KJVA, then it works just fine. The problem may be that the KJVA doesn't include some of the apocryphal books, such as 4 maccabees in your screenshot. Look at references to other books, such as at Matt 1:11, and see if that works.

2012 non-retina Macbook Pro
OS 10.10.1 Yosemite

#7 fmcfee

fmcfee

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

If I set the Comprehensive Crossreference main text as KJVS and the alternate as KJVA, then it works just fine. The problem may be that the KJVA doesn't include some of the apocryphal books, such as 4 maccabees in your screenshot. Look at references to other books, such as at Matt 1:11, and see if that works.

Jonathan,

That is the answer!...apparently I do not have 3& 4 maccabees as part of the OT apocrypha....thanks for your suggestion and help!

Frank

PS I am not sure what is needed to get 3&4 maccabees...do you know?...Thanks

Edited by fmcfee, 16 July 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#8 JonathanHuber

JonathanHuber

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, Greek
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

These books are included in the NRSV, which is what I use for the apocrypha.
2012 non-retina Macbook Pro
OS 10.10.1 Yosemite

#9 fmcfee

fmcfee

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

These books are included in the NRSV, which is what I use for the apocrypha.

Jonathan,

Thanks

Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users