Problems Referencing OT Apocrypha With Comprehensive Crossrefs

fmcfee

Hi,

I have the comprehensive cross references tool....I really like it...but I cannot get it to bring a OT apocrypha reference to work...I have tried everything including the new "combined texts"in a secondary pane....I want to be able to use the KJVS as the search text with the KJVA...I understand about the "primary search pane" issue....I just want to be able to click on an OT apocrypha reference and have it display correctly...all the other links appear to be working correctly...

I have set the text display for crossrefs to KJVA and KJVS...and several combinations with no success

Thanks in advance for your help..

Frank

Edited by fmcfee

This is working for me, after making (in Set Tool Display) the Text pop-up KJVS and the Alternate Text KJVS.

It has nothing to so with the adding of an alternate text in a parallel pane.

This is working for me, after making (in Set Tool Display) the Text pop-up KJVS and the Alternate Text KJVS.

It has nothing to so with the adding of an alternate text in a parallel pane.

Helen,

Thanks for your reply...I tried this and it did not work ....I am attaching a screen shot for your review...

I appreciate your help!

Frank

post-31020-0-40754700-1373830599_thumb.png

Edited by fmcfee

Since the KJVS is already open, I think you need to change the Text to KJVA for the amplify to work, or close the Text window and try again.

Since the KJVS is already open, I think you need to change the Text to KJVA for the amplify to work, or close the Text window and try again.

Helen,

I have tried everything and it does not work...I will just live with it...thanks for trying!

Frank

If I set the Comprehensive Crossreference main text as KJVS and the alternate as KJVA, then it works just fine. The problem may be that the KJVA doesn't include some of the apocryphal books, such as 4 maccabees in your screenshot. Look at references to other books, such as at Matt 1:11, and see if that works.

If I set the Comprehensive Crossreference main text as KJVS and the alternate as KJVA, then it works just fine. The problem may be that the KJVA doesn't include some of the apocryphal books, such as 4 maccabees in your screenshot. Look at references to other books, such as at Matt 1:11, and see if that works.

Jonathan,

That is the answer!...apparently I do not have 3& 4 maccabees as part of the OT apocrypha....thanks for your suggestion and help!

Frank

PS I am not sure what is needed to get 3&4 maccabees...do you know?...Thanks

Edited by fmcfee

These books are included in the NRSV, which is what I use for the apocrypha.

These books are included in the NRSV, which is what I use for the apocrypha.

Jonathan,

Thanks

Frank