Error

Brandon

When using Accordance, if I press the icons labeled "text set" or "tool set" the program goes haywire. Either it freezes after an error message appears (this happens with "tool set") or it contunues to pop up error messges one after the other at a raid speed until the program shuts down automatically (this happens when I press "text set"). I read another forum where you told a gentleman to delete his general preferencs, so I did that. It has done nothing. I also completely deleted the entire program of Accordance off my computer and then reinstalled it and the same problem is occuring. What do you recomend?

brandon

I think that you are simply clicking the button instead of holding to get the pop-up menu, and that you have not yet defined any items in the Tool set or Text set. This bug was corrected, I believe, in 7.0.3 so I do recommend the upgrade.

Even without the upgrade, you should be able to select the Define xxx Set... option from the menu, and once you do have a set defined, the single click will open or amplify to the first set.

When you try deleting preferences, remember that in OS X the ones Accordance is using are in your user/Library/Preferences, not the back-up ones in the Accordance folder. Deleting the latter has no effect on the operation of your Accordance.

I think that you are simply clicking the button instead of holding to get the pop-up menu, and that you have not yet defined any items in the Tool set or Text set. This bug was corrected, I believe, in 7.0.3 so I do recommend the upgrade.

Even without the upgrade, you should be able to select the Define xxx Set... option from the menu, and once you do have a set defined, the single click will open or amplify to the first set.

When you try deleting preferences, remember that in OS X the ones Accordance is using are in your user/Library/Preferences, not the back-up ones in the Accordance folder. Deleting the latter has no effect on the operation of your Accordance.

The problem is not happening anymore. Thank you.

Though, I do have one more thing I need help on. The floating instant deatils box is over the top of my bible verses in the verse section. So, when I drag the cursor over a word the info window pops up over the bible passages instead of at the bpottom of the screen where it should be. I cannot move it with my touch pad either becasue the drag bar is so far to the left that it is off the screen.

what do you think?

brandon

From what I've seen, changing your screen resolution will move the instant details box into a location where you can get to the far left side and move it where you want. I'd try that, set the box where you want, and then put your resolution back to what it was.

Archived