Weird error message

bradk

I have updated to Accordance 10.2. Today a strange thing began to happen. A message keeps popping up. It seems almost random to me. I know of no steps to make it happen but if I switch focus to and from Accordance main window, it happens. The message says

The text "Grieving The Spirit - Becoming Free From

Each Sin" is not currently available to Accordance

That is literally what appears including the two double quotes and the line breaks between From and Each. The words are exactly capitalized as I show them. I'm attaching a screen capture of the message box.

The message has the Accordance logo in it and an OK button. When I click OK, the message vanishes but reappears in a few minutes. Usually I need to switch focus from and to Accordance.

Any idea what leads to this message? Thanks, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

have a search in your library to see if a module with "Grieving the Spirit" or "Grieving" appears there. If it does, right click (or CTRL-click) on the entry and select "Remove item" and the error message should disappear.

What it sounds like is that a user tool is now not properly installed (why - I have no idea) and so when it tries to open it, it just gets an error. I guess it's a user tool because I don't recognise the tool.

Wait - another possibility is that you are using a downloaded or shared workspace that has the module mentioned in it, but you don't have it. In that case, not only will there be no module in your library, but the Workspace is unusable unless you have that exact module available to you.

Does that make any sense at all?

Edited by Ken Simpson

My guess would be because the title has a hyphen in it.

Thanks for all the replies. I closed Accordance with the Quit menu option, rebooted my system and now it is working without that weird message. Steve King's link showed a similar error with a period instead of the hyphen. I may have gotten rid of the memory of the work space by the way i shut down. I also had tried to search for something that didn't exist prior to the error message that may have corrupted the workspace as was also suggest. Whatever it is / was, I'll bet it is some particular sequence of actions that started it. Most errors I deal with are state errors, that is, they happen when I do one particular thing and is repeatable. But a path error that depends on the order of several steps, are much harder to track down.