Where is the file for "ESVS" text?

Fr. William Klock

I just upgraded from Accordance 9 to 10. I installed all the content updates and a box popped up asking me to locate the file for "ESVS" text. It "pre-navigated" to the "Modules" folder for me. I scrolled down through the text files and see "ESVS.atext", which is greyed out and unselectable. I restarted and got the same box and it's still greyed out. I quit the app, went to the "Texts" folder and renamed ESVS.atext to just ESVS. It's still greyed out. I tried Easy Install, but ESV isn't "checkable" for reinstallation. What do I do. This is the primarily English text that I use and I really need it to work.

Thanks,

Bill Klock

Just delete the ESVS from the Library and then add it back using the + menu at the bottom of the Library.

How does one delete it from the Library?

An Accordance manual would be REALLY nice. It's bad enough when one has to rely on a forum for technical support, but most of the time when I'm using Accordance I don't have an available connection to the Internet to access a forum or online support at all.

Bill+

Have you checked out the Accordance Help, found under the Help section of the top menu bar? It opens with your default web browser, but it reads from your hard drive, is fully searchable, and is faster than a paper manual. You need not be on line to access it.

I tried. Opening Accordance help results in nothing more than several windows opening in my browser, but spinning wheels in them rather than content.

Bill+

Hmm. Something is wrong. The help files are local, and should come up quickly. Suggest contacting technical support.

Use Firefox browser. Safari doesn't work for me when accessing Help.

Some users on Mountain Lion find that Safari does not access local Help files. This issue came up last November.

This webpage explains how to allow Safari to access local files, such as our Help.

In the Library you can right-click a module and choose Remove, select the module and press command-delete, or select it and use the gear menu at the bottom. There are usually several ways to accomplish the same task, and you can explore to discover them. The right or control click menu offers the most common functions in each area. Since you get a warning before doing anything irreversible, it's safe to explore.