Sync workspaces

thechrisroberts

Brief background of my Accordance experience:

Long-time Logos user who has played with Accordance off and on, particularly when my frustration level with Logos for Mac reaches a certain threshold. I recently picked up some more Accordance resources to help with my sermon prep in Accordance and have used it to prepare my last couple of sermons. I plan to continue using it for a little while at least and am trying to figure out my way around.

I have a Macbook Pro at home and an iMac in the office. I use both for sermon prep and like to be able to duplicate my experience. Workspaces are obviously the way to do this, but how to keep them in sync?

I was excited to see Dropbox sync, assuming it would eliminate the need for hacky workspace syncing solutions, but it looks like Dropbox is only used for resources such as notes and highlights, not for workspaces?

Is there a plan to add workspaces to dropbox sync?

In the meantime, are people still just linking the Accordance Files folder in Documents to a folder in Dropbox in order to sync it?

• Like 1

Saving workspaces to any Dropbox folder works fine. I do it all the time. I don't know if Favorite Workspaces works this way. I haven't played with that yet.

• Like 1

Lorinda,

I now feel a little stupid for this question. :) It had not even occurred to me that those files can just be saved or loaded wherever. I had just used the default Accordance Files folder in the Documents directory.

No troubles. I organize my folders by week: all the documents related to a given week's sermon and bulletin go in one folder, regardless of app used. So it's second nature to me. But I can see how it might seem different if you are used to keeping all the Workspaces in an Accordance folder.