Accordance 10.2.3 Continuing to Crash

Irwyn

Yesterday I upgraded from 10.2.1 to 10.2.3. I'm trying to do a basic search in the wisdom books using the 'or' command. I'll type in the first word, then as I put in the 'or' command Accordance will crash. I have successfully searched for one word at a time, but not multiple words.

Hi Irwyn,

I tried a few searches based on your description and I cannot repro. this on 10.2.3. Could you give a step by step test case and I can give it another shot ?

I was able to type in things like God <OR> man in English text searches, or θεος <OR> αγαπη in Greek and entered the <OR> command from the menu.In English I typed the <OR>. I set the range using a defined range not using the range keyword. All the searches ran fine.

Thx

D

What text are you searching? How are you entering the command (search menu, right-click menu, key command, or typing)?

I'm searching ESVS with HMT-W4 in parallel. I'm searching the words redeem <or> redeemer <or> redemption in the wisdom books. I'm typing the <or> command using the keyboard shortcut. I just tried it and Accordance crashed again. I restarted the program, tried the same search again and it worked. This is the first time it's worked in about 25 tries. Usually right after I type the <or> command it crashes.

Thanks for the details, but we cannot reproduce the crash, so unless you find a reproducible sequence, we'll just assume that there was some corruption in the workspace you were opening.

I've provided links to two Quicktime screen recordings. "Accordance Search 1.mov" is of a successful search following a crash. "Accordance Search 2.mov" is of a crash. In the crash scenario Accordance froze as I was typing the word 'redemption.' The spinning color wheel appeared for a second and then the crash.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/funtqt6p38lva53/Accordance%20Search%201.mov

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5yu01lfo13hfhf/Accordance%20Search%202.mov

Does this help you diagnose the situation?

Do you have dropbox set to automatically sync? It almost seems like a completely unrelated crash to the typing.

I am sure that it is not a corruption of a text. I have tried to use version 10.2.3 with every English text I have. It has not avoided crashing long enough for me to do anything other than open it. Your version is seriously flawed. If you can't see that, then come to Huntington, Indiana and I will show you.

Now that I've recovered the one User Tool that lost a few days of entries, it's working perfectly here. No crashes.

Irwyn, if you turn off automatic Dropbox sync (Preferences -> Syncing), do the crashes go away?

Joel, I changed the dropbox sync to manual, got a successful search. Then I quit and reopened Accordance, tried to re-run the search but it crashed. The manual or automatic dropbox sync option doesn't seem to be the issue.

Since upgrading to Accordance 10.2.3 if I try to type a book abbreviation in the reference box in the lower right of the search window Accordance consistently crashes. If I use the drop down menu and select a biblical book Accordance works normally. I have an iMac intel 10.6.8.

I just updated to 10.2.4. The update seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks!