Thayer as default

Mark Glodfelter

In your library, in the Tools section, in the Greek Tools folder, drag Thayer to the top (make it your first tool). With triple-clicking, Accordance starts with the top (first) tool in the appropriate tool category. So triple clicking an English word will open the first tool that contains the word. If it is NOT in the first, it will go to the second (and third and beyond till it finds a hit). So if you triple click a Greek word not found in Thayer, it will try other Greek tools.

I think this only works if you're starting with a Greek text. If you triple click in an English text, you get the tool to which that particular text is keyed — e.g. a triple-click in the KJV will give you Strongs; in the NASB you will get the NAS Greek or Hebrew. However, the ESV, HCSB, & some of the others will give you either Mounce in the NT or Kohlenberger/Mounce in the OT.

Julie may be correct: If you are amplifying from an English text tagged with key numbers, one amplifies to the specific dictionary with those key numbers. One can then triple click on the Greek (or Hebrew or Aramaic) word to open the topmost lexicon in the appropriate language (in your case Greek). It is an extra step when using a text with key numbers. To get to Thayer from a text like KJVS requires two triple clicks.

I assumed you were seeking to amplify from a Greek text (GNT-T, GNT28-T, NA28-T, GNT, etc). In these cases, the top most lexicon that contains the word in question will open with triple clicking, whether or not the Greek text is tagged. A single triple click will suffice.

Mark: I hope these posts help.