No more than 150 ranges can be used

rdtaylorjr

I find search ranges very useful, but I have apparently hit the limit for the number of ranges that can be specified at any one time. Is there any chance this limit might be removed or raised? Thanks.

You know that you can create ranges with the ⇧⌘R keyboard shortcut, right? If I need to do a very specific search, e.g. 1Cor 14, I enter the range that way instead of defining a new range.

The other thing I have done is to define a range called "Changing" and edit it as needed. When the list of ranges becomes very large, I find that I am not happy with wading through them all to find the one I want.

Wonderful! The ⇧⌘R keyboard shortcut is just what I needed. Thanks!

You are welcome. You can also get to the commands from the Search drop-down menu, but I much prefer the keyboard shortcuts.

By the way, if you don't have CheatSheet (free) from MacUpdate, you might want to download it. It will give you all your keyboard shortcuts in the application you are currently using by just holding down the ⌘ key.

• Like 1

By the way, if you don't have CheatSheet (free) from MacUpdate, you might want to download it. It will give you all your keyboard shortcuts in the application you are currently using by just holding down the ⌘ key.

Thanks for the tip! I plan to give it a try.