Catena Aurea

Robb B

I'm enjoying the Catena Aurea as I'm studying the Sermon on the Mount. I was looking to see how much a print version would cost on Amazon, and I found there that there are actually four volumes in the print edition that cover Matthew through John. Are there any plans to put volumes 3 and 4 into this module in the future so that all four gospels are included?

• Like 1

Robb,

Glad you're enjoying it.

The Luke and John volumes aren't currently available in electronic form, and I don't know if or when they will be. If they do become available, I'm sure we would be interested in expanding the module.

• 7 months later...
The Luke and John volumes aren't currently available in electronic form, and I don't know if or when they will be. If they do become available, I'm sure we would be interested in expanding the module.

The Luke and John volumes are available electronically from Harmony Media.

Like the original poster, I'd love to have the complete Catena Aurea in Accordance format.

• Like 1

• 14 years later...
On 9/8/2006 at 8:39 PM, David Lang said:

I've found the Luke and John volumes online at eCatholic2000.com. I'm not sure if it's public domain but if it is, it would be great to have all four Gospels in the module

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ren0901 said:

I've found the Luke and John volumes online at eCatholic2000.com. I'm not sure if it's public domain but if it is, it would be great to have all four Gospels in the module

The English translation is in the public domain, but I think permission would be needed to reuse their HTML transcription.

And yes, I would very much like to see the other two Gospels added to the module, as I said on another thread a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

Well, there is the "e-Catena" at Early Christian Writings.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/e-catena/

There is a downloadable database if someone knows how to turn it into something usable in Accordance.

Not the same as Aquinas, but it has its own value.

Edited by mgvh
  • Like 1