User Interface Improvements

Carol K

I have two suggestions for improving the user interface. (I am using Accordance for iOS 1.6.6.)

First, when search results are displayed, the "Index" icon that normally lives at the far left of the top menu bar is shifted over one spot and the eyeglass icon is in the far left spot. Because I am used to the far left location for that icon, I find myself hitting the eyeglasses when I want the index out of reflex. It would be nice to keep the index icon in the same place always and put the eyeglasses icon elsewhere.

Second, I find myself accidentally hitting the library icon at the bottom of the page. It then takes me two clicks (Library, then close) to cancel that operation. It would be nice to have a close or cancel option from the recently used module list.

• Like 1

One of the reasons we placed the return to reading mode button to the far left position is that we wanted to have a common location for both this button and the return to previous view button that appears after amplifying from one view to another. And it didn't make sense to us to have the return to previous view button anywhere else but the top left location.

The issue of needing two taps to close the Library view is a well known limitation in the current implementation that we plan to address in a future version.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Carol, there is a way to return to your reading directly. Just tap on the module you have been reading. The app will return to you it, in the exact same place you left off. Cool, no? ;-)

Meanwhile, I have proposed a change to the UI that will address this issue. We're still discussing it, but we'll try to make things easier and more obvious in the next rev.

• 1 month later...

Timothy, I was aware of being able to select the module I was using. I thought I still had to search for the correct module in the list, though checking that out right now, I discovered that the current module is always at the top. So, that is better than I thought it was. Thanks for proposing a change. I realize it is difficult to make an intuitive, efficient user interface given the small real estate of an iPod screen.