iOS 7

MartinClay

Can I ask about running accordance on iOS 7? If/when I upgrade my ipad will all be ok?

Thanks for your help

Yep, our iOS team includes several people who are developers, with access to iOS 7 beta. Reports are the current rev of Accordance works just fine.

We are currently tweaking the interface to fit iOS 7 better, though. As always, we'll be adding a few new features, so stay tuned!

• Like 1

The color of the page numbers in iOS Acc modules will fit right in with iOS7! :) (Sorry, couldn't resist.) But seriously--looking forward to seeing what the Accordance app will look like.

Actually, I think we ought to go with a whole new palette of colors, based on the iPhone 5C! Five brand new ways to blind users trying to use our app in night mode—or help them "See the light!" ;)

I thought 5C stood for "cheap," but it's clear to me now that it's "color." (And I'm not sure it qualifies as cheap.)

I thought 5C stood for "cheap," but it's clear to me now that it's "color." (And I'm not sure it qualifies as cheap.)

True. $549 for the "cheap" plastic model is still pretty steep. About 50 million Chinese will pay that without batting an eye though.

Thanks very much for the assurances. I look forward to trying it

Martin

True. $549 for the "cheap" plastic model is still pretty steep. About 50 million Chinese will pay that without batting an eye though.

You should come to Australia. Our dollar has dipped in recent months and the 5c starts at A$740 and the 5s at A$870! Fortunately I'm very happy with my 5 (which of course is the same as the 5c without the colours) and won't be upgrading for quite some time I suspect!

I too look forward to future Accordance for iOS updates - it gets a lot of use both personally and from time to time in classes I teach. I don't have a laptop so iOS has to do it for me (so unfortunately there's a lot of stuff I can't do with it).

I have a developer account and I've been running iOS7 since Beta 3. Accordance seems to run fine on both iPhone and iPad, although you quickly get accustomed to the new iOS7 UI and old style apps with heavy textures and shadows begin to look dated very quickly.

Edited by jeremyduncan

I recall discussion on the forums recently that iAccordance would update with iOS7... I've noticed a mad dash of many of my apps to update before iOS7 comes, and am wondering whether Accordance is going to do the same thing?

Part of my inquiry is because I'm frankly not sure I want to upgrade to iOS7. Accordance is the thing I most use/appreciate about my iPad, so if it doesn't matter one way or the other, I may just wait a while.

Hi Abram,

no idea about the timetable for updating iAcc, but recommendation would be to wait a few days at least on the iOS 7 update. There are always little issues that the first dot update resolves, so generally I don't update my wife's iPad until that point.

Pretty much guarantee that iAcc will still work under 6.1.3 even after the update, so don't feel forced to the OS upgrade by needing/wanting to upgrade iAcc.

Thanks, Ken. I think I plan to wait. But I definitely wouldn't wait to download an Accordance app update! Here's to hoping....

I recall discussion on the forums recently that iAccordance would update with iOS7... I've noticed a mad dash of many of my apps to update before iOS7 comes, and am wondering whether Accordance is going to do the same thing?

Part of my inquiry is because I'm frankly not sure I want to upgrade to iOS7. Accordance is the thing I most use/appreciate about my iPad, so if it doesn't matter one way or the other, I may just wait a while.

We plan to release an update as soon as possible. It may not get through approval and posted by the time iOS 7 launches. The latest release will run on iOS 7, but some UI elements will look a bit out of place. If you are not particularly eager to use iOS 7 you can certainly wait until our update is available before you upgrade.

Will the Acc app update be okay on 6.1.3?

Yes.

• Like 1

I took the plunge and updated to iOS7 last night, and everything on Accordance seems absolutely fine.

I too have had no issues with iOS 7.0 on iPhone 4 or iPad 2

I updated this morning and have been trying it out. When I first loaded this forum in Safari it gave me the desktop version. I found it can be changed back to the mobile theme at the bottom of the page.

I'm having problems with user notes with iOS 7.

Yes, I am having problems with user notes as well. I guess this is the bug listed in the support forum.

Yes, there is a known issue with the user note display. Sorry for the hassle, our team is working to get the update out asap.

• Like 1

"Neither slumbers nor sleeps" could also apply to the Accordance team, so it seems. Maybe there are more of you fine folk than I realize, but you're sure churning out a lot these days!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, which has sorted my user notes problem