Search for punctuation marker followed by καὶ

ChGrunwald

Dear all,

during my study of mark 1, I recognized that there are a lot of sentences beginning with καὶ. I would like to compare this with the other gospels, but am unable to do so ...

What I want to do is a search like that: search for: (“.“ <or> “;“ <or> "·") <followed by> (καὶ <or> Καὶ). Unfortunately this doesn't work with the direct search, because Accordance isn't able to find the punctuation markers (if i'm right).

Therefore I tried with a Greek Construct (see attachment (the „ZEICHEN“-Tab is the “char"-Tab in english, „GEBEUGT“ is "inflected" )). This works and finds all "." followed by "Καὶ". So far so good.

But now I want to extend the search for the other punctuation markers and for the "καὶ". How am I able to define the <or> in the construct tab?

(By the way - i'm of course fully aware, that punctuation markers are not part of the inspired original texts :))

I would be glad, if anyone could help me,

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Christoph

post-29548-0-12189200-1379952681_thumb.png

Why not use the PLACE item to specify that the column must be in first (or second etc.) place in the Scope? You set the Scope in the Search window by clicking the + to see one or more of the options: Range, Scope, and Brackets.

Dear Helen,

thank you for your reply - that's it! Thanks.

Just to learn something more - is it possible to get an "or" in the construct?

Within a column different parts of speech are indeed OR. You can also OR two constructs in the entry box of the search tab.

Dear Helen,

thats a good hint! I'll try it out. Thank you very much so far.