Jump to content


Unicode In The User Notes

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guntis



  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Riga, Latvia
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

User notes got converted, although I got an error message: 

I/O Error #0 in the file "Bible Text Notes".

I restarted Accordance, all is fine now. Synced with the Dropbox and iOS devices. All works fine. 


I noticed that now I can type Latvian text in User notes (Hooray!!!!!), but instead of one Unicode character Accordance for Mac shows two characters. At least all the other letters are preserved in the note. (Adding only one Unicode character in iOS version turns all note into garbage. Still a work to do. And I noticed that now Accordance for iOS added .acc4 file extension at the end of my User Notes file, shown in the center of the tools pane toolbar.) Now, if you could show Unicode characters in the User notes (Mac version) properly… :-)

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

(retina MacBook Pro 15.4" (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. macOS Sierra, Accordance 12) 

#2 Darin Allen

Darin Allen


  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA
  • Interests:Guitars, Technology, Coffee, Gaming
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

FYI, I got the same initial I/O Error #0 message that Guntis saw. Closing and restarting fixed the problem for me as well.

Darin Allen
Director of Marketing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users