Accordance 9.6.7 ?

Daniel  Francis

I am well aware that you usually do not do much in the way of support for previous versions of Accordance and I fully understand why. Accordance 9.6.6 has the update issue with any module with a period in the name. And while I know PowerPC users must be a small user of your software I would bet there is a significant minority of users like me who have an old mac kicking around that we use regularly. One reason I have always like accordance is knowing that if I buy something from you it will work on my iMac G5 or my macbook pro, and now of course on my iPad. To me personally I can see Accordance less valuable to me as a platform to purchase in if I know that new books may not run.. Now I am not asking for any guarantees and I had been told when 10 came out that for the foreseeable future new modules should work. I have been fairly impressed that another Bible software company is maintaining their previous version (not investing much time in it they say, but just allowing the small group who can not upgrade to continue to use new works), for them they said it seemed less a headache to do that than label some books as 5 compatible only. Perhaps we will not get anything past 9.6.6 but I just thought now that the Windows program was out it might be a chance to see if there was any thoughts on small matinee release to 9 or if it is what it is and just needing to be happy with it. I realize this may be a harder task than I ask since you have three 9.6.6 and the OS 9 users may feel left out as well…. You definitely have broadly supported all macs for many years even if the main reason for keeping Classic macs going was to make your software available to Windows via emulators.

Thank you very much, for your hard work over the years.

-Dan