Image highlights improvement

Guntis

Highlighting by adding images is great feature, but as it is now, it's not useful. I add any image, but it is so small that on normal non-retina display I hardly can see what it is, and it's hidden behind the selected word, making text harder to read as well. Why not place images in-line, before the selected word or verse? Image would fill the line's height, easy to see, and not obscured by the text. And text would be easier to read, too.

P.S. I wish user notes also would be represented by the images before the verse number, not just red dot at the right margin, which on iOS version I cannot even tap. Very confusing interface — user notes are shown with the red dot, but to select that note I have to tap on the verse number, not on the dot itself. Where else you've seen such solution that what you see is only for your eyes, for the interaction you have to tap elsewhere?… ;-)

In the attached screenshot — is it Thumbs Up, World Cross, or Earth? Impossible to discern...

post-634-0-09718700-1380790270_thumb.png

Edited by Guntis

Increasing the leading in Set Text Display helped me a lot, although even before I did so, the images I used didn't overlap the text. I agree, however, that putting the image before the word would be helpful. I'm guessing that's a huge programming nightmare, though, given what's been said elsewhere about how regular highlighting and cross-highlighting works.

Lorinda